ROOT - GROW - Become a certified coach - Combi
This formula combines part 1 and part 2 of the ROOT+GROW© programme in a single, quicker and administratively lighter programme (1 registration procedure, 1 agenda, 1 mentor-coaching calendar etc.) that allows you to become a professional certified coach. It consists of 13 training days, 2 home-learning days and 2 practice days, of which the first half of the program focuses on acquiring the ICF coaching competencies on single loop, and the second half of the programme on evolving into an effect coach at the level of beliefs, values and identity. The certification procedure is optional. If you select this option, you can be sure that ROOT+GROW© is the shortest possible route to certification at the standards of the International Coach Federation (ICF). And all this without having to take a separate exam at the International Coach Federation (a unique formula in Belgium).
What does ROOT+GROW© offer you as a manager or coach?
- Coaching attitude: flexible and focused approach to change
- Coaching skills: getting others and yourself moving thanks to a reflective method and powerful questions.
- Coaching in the area of competency development and influencing the work context
- Coaching at the level of beliefs, values and identity
- Sharper observation and reflection together with the coachee
- Staying flexible and still in balance with yourself in the coaching process
- Professional reflection on your lifelong personal development process
- A Toolbox to support customers and employees to make conscious choices, ownership and effective action.
- The quickest path to ICF certification (optional) without separate exam at ICF itself -International Coach Federation: unique in Flanders
If desired, ROOT+GROW© leads to ICF Certification without having to take a separate exam at the International Coach Federation (unique in Flanders). In short: certification is optional.
You will be screened according to 11 established coaching competencies after which you will have direct access to your application for Accredited Certified Coach (after ROOT©) or Professional Certified Coach (after GROW©) at the International Coach Federation (ICF), the largest and most renowned coaching federation in the world. An advantage for your credibility as a coach.
The certification procedure:
- Written exercise
- Classical correction of the written exercise
- Process Reflection Report
- Certification exercise with reflection
Is ROOT+GROW© suitable for you?
ROOT+GROW© is the perfect tool for you if you want to discover what coaching is, as a skill and attitude, and how it can contribute to improving performance and developing potential. You will discover the effect of coaching on the level of beliefs, values and identity and step into a lifelong personal development process. Coaching experience is not required.
- Line managers who want to adopt a more development-oriented attitude when dealing with their people / colleagues
- Internal coaches with less than 50 hours of express coaching experience
- HR specialists who would like to focus on coaching
- Consultants seeking to enrich their advisory style by integrating a coaching style, etc.
ROOT+GROW© 'Combi' is taught by our certified PCC/MCC-level coaches/trainers according to the HILL method (High Impact Learning that Lasts). The classic training is combined with intermediate assignments, remote-learning, feedback and encouragement to have the courage to adjust your behaviour.
ROOT+GROW© 'Combi' has the following format:
- 13 training days
- 2 self-learning days - predetermined days for remote learning with trainer backup through Zoom
- 2 practical days - supervised practice days with feedback
- 2 group coaching sessions - coaching in small groups around a theme that requires extra attention
- 2 individual coaching sessions - personal coaching in the context of your development as a coach
- 2 practice supervisions in group - (minimum) 16 hours: where you coach your colleagues and are supervised. You will receive a video recording and extensive personal feedback from the supervisors and other participants.
- 4 webinars - by an expert on the topic to explore a theme in greater depth
- 1 certification day (optional), including assessment of your competencies with a written report
- Practice groups: in between each module, the participant should spend a minimum of 4 hours with his or her fellow participants to discuss and practise elements.
- Interim assignments: between the modules you carry out assignments that speed up your learning process.
- Access to Blended Learning Platform
- Validated Enneagram Professional Report with individual debriefing session
- Support: you can ask specific questions by phone or by mail.
- Material: Workbooks, ROOT© Essentials book, GROW© Essentials book, book 'I want a coach', value toolbox 'Life wheel'.
COACHING AS SKILL, ATTITUDE AND PROFESSION
What is coaching and at what standards do you coach?
- What is coaching and what is it not?
- The basic attitude and convictions of the coach
- The structure of a coaching conversation
The interventions and competences of the coach
- The development path of humanity
- Levels and themes regarding coaching
- Coaching in relation to other professions
Focus on exploratory skills
- What does 'empathic listening' mean?
- Listening with all your senses
- The power and effect of reformulation and rewording
- Being in contact with the coachee and still being observantly present
Structuring a coaching session
- Building a process according to a targeted structure
REFINING COACHING SKILLS
Listen in full
- What is listening in a coaching conversation?
- Listening in the here and now: experiencing it
- Presuppositions for listening
- Listening in Dimensions
- Report: Pacing & Leading, Matching & Mismatching, VAKOG
- Index Computations
Ask powerful questions
- Decision Model: WAC Questions
- The difference between coaching questions and other questions
- Asking questions that support the coachee in his awareness
Promoting clear communication
- Reformulation deepened
- Explore perspectives from different positions
RESULT-ORIENTATION IN COACHING
- The coach state, boundaries, self-regulation & containment
- Result-oriented versus result-driven
- Defining the outcome of a coaching process
- Route objective, form conditions, resources & stoppers
- Creative tension - comfort zone, stretch vs. stress
- Towards & Away From - dimensions of motivation
- Value-based coaching: values as a motivator
- PERFORM - Single Loop Coaching
- Appreciation and feedback in coaching
- Different forms of FB
- Criticism vs feedback
- Confrontation at various levels: perceptions, feelings, insights, contradictions
COMPETENCE DEVELOPMENT IN A CHANGING WORLD
The learning process and the context
- The coachee's learning process and possible pitfalls
- Optimization of context conditions
- Change processes
- What are competencies?
- What is specific about competency development?
- Application of a coaching method to competence development
Me, as a coach, in the work environment
- My basic attitude as a coach
- The coaching contract
- Ethical aspects
- My development trajectory as a coach
COACHING FROM A COMFORT POINT OF VIEW
- Me, the coach during the coaching process
- Balance between the process of the coachee and that of the coach
- The coachee, the organization and the coaching triangle
- Being fully present and coaching from comfort
BALANCE IN THE COACHING PROCESS
- Flexible focus and alertness
- Focus on balance and limits of the coachee
- Decision processes
- Obtain commitment
REFRAMING AND CONFRONTATION
- Framing and confrontation
- Metaphors that inspire
COACHING AT THE LEVEL OF VALUES AND BELIEFS
- Coaching on convictions
- The structure of a belief
- Restrictive and affluent beliefs
- Strengthening wealthy beliefs
- The importance of values in beliefs
- The double loop PERFORM
COACHING AT IDENTITY LEVEL
- Development as a coach
- Coaching with emotional intelligence
- Professional reflection
- Coaching of transitions and transformations
- Coaching on identity
- Personal metaphor
Coaching with impact: a unique profession
There is no denying it: 'coaching' has become a hollow term today: the profession is not protected and anyone can call themselves a coach. In addition, it is often referred to as 'mentoring' or 'consulting'. The managers and coaches who obtain an ICF-accredited certificate at Training & Coaching Square are educated to become focused 'effect coaches', focused on sustainable evolution - far away from the superficial quick fixes.
Effectcoaching is a smart business strategy to keep evolution and innovation going and to challenge established habits. Even when people have lost their courage or want to give up.
The result is effect coaching:
- Simplifying reflection and choice processes
- Lowering resistance to change - by continuing to question one's own truths
- Promoting self-motivation: core to work-based health
- Standing in one's own strength without victim behaviour
- Believing in one's own potential
- Self-questioning and reflection that stimulates the flow of evolution, innovation and growth
Learning from experts
All Training & Coaching Square programmes are given by experienced coaches/trainers of Professional Certified Coach and Master Certified Coach level. We have been a pioneer and trendsetter in coaching programmes with innovative methods for 15 years: pedagogically and technologically. Our expertise is broad and deep: we were one of the founders of professional coaching in Belgium and were the first training institute in Belgium to be recognised by the International Coach Federation (ICF) in 2007.
The expert in the field of training and coaching
We ensure a top-quality professional training programme in which participants go through a genuine evolution. Obtaining a certificate from Training & Coaching Square represents an achievement: under the leadership of the founders and managers Marleen Boen and Leen Lambrechts, both Master Certified Coach (MCC), we made 'coaching' a hallmark. Our alumni can comfortably reflect and question each coaching theme so that the coachee gets a broadening of perception based on self-reflection. The foundation for making new and powerful decisions at every level of consciousness.
Our professional coaching training for managers and coaches is based on an extensive business experience. We are continuously keeping our finger on the pulse of what is needed in our changing and disruptive society. Coaching is the ideal business strategy to give managers the sustenance they need: our focus is therefore on the human side of transformation.
Process learning, experiential learning and Interactive Content & Feedback Learning
With ROOT+GROW© you engage in continuous process learning, a mature way of learning in which you keep your finger on the pulse of what's going on in today's society ... and tomorrow, with an open mind and wonderment. You personally evolve from 'interpretative or narrative mode' to 'listening and questioning mode'. This is the best way to stimulate new choices, answers and determination. As a manager or coach, you enhance your toolbox with powerful competencies which make the difference. By confronting contradictions and connections, for example, you support a change in the habits of your coachees. Managers and coaches who engage in process learning dare to leave their comfort zone and continue to grow both professionally and as human beings.
As a participant, we want to provide you with the best possible training experience throughout the training programme, which will also have a real effect on your competencies and attitude as a coach. That's why we also add an aspect of Interactive Content & Feedback Learning: this is experience learning at its best. The aim is to increase your decisiveness so that you can deal with 'unforeseen factors' in coaching and leadership in a flexible way. And of course that fits in perfectly with today's 'Volatile, Uncertain, Complex & Ambiguous' society. Your ROOT+GROW© training will become less technical and more an 'experience' of coaching as a profession.
- Being able to apply your coaching competencies practically: less theory and more guided coachings with direct feedback and an action and reflection plan.
- More involvement in your own learning process: fewer schools and more ownership
- More depth in your own learning process: also individual learning from your comfortable chair to get out of the comfort zone
- More preparation for each block so you can go straight into learning mode: a large part of the theory is given as 'pre-reading', for example via white papers, summary of a book with question assignments, short films, ...
In short: ROOT+GROW© is the foundation for coaching and leadership in a changing world.
Extra information about the SME Portfolio:
Please request to start the grant application no later than 5 working days before the start of training.Please pay the remaining amount (accommodation and VAT) immediately after receipt of the invoice, on behalf of The Coaching Square, at least 5 working days before the start of training. The SME portfolio is a subsidy measure of the Flemish government.
For more info, see www.agentschapondernemen.be. For subsidies in the Brussels region, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.